What are you listening to right now?

Matt Berry - Witchhazel. Yes, that is the same Matt Berry from The IT Crowd and The Mighty Boosh. He also happens to be an insanely talented psych/prog musician. He plays all the instruments on this album expertly, and it sounds like it could have come straight out of the 60’s UK psych scene.

I’ve been wanting some chill music lately. I found a 10 hour video of the instrumental version of this song also with the sound of rain, very relaxing as white noise.

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not alone in this lol
I frequently listen to “x hours of instrumental video game music with rain” when I need to relax

1 Like

Just saw this for the first time a couple days ago and I instantly fell in love with it. It’s now one of my top 5 musicals along with Les Miserables (forever number 1), Phantom of the Opera (close second), The Rocky Horror Picture Show (one of my earliest film obsessions, first saw when I was maybe 10), and Chess (obscure, but amazing).

Too lazy to post a link/video/whatever, but I’ve definitely been playing a lot more Dead Kennedys lately.

“Kill the Poor” just hits differently in light of recent events in this country.

That’s a great picture @syaoran2001 - any idea when the documentary is coming out?

I’ve been on a Salem kick the last few days, love this song and the video - a lot of it reminds me of the rural / small slightly uninspiring town area I grew up in.

Also been hitting their mixtapes, I know the mixtape stretch/chop/sample thing isn’t for everyone, but this is pretty solid imo. (It’s from RAVER STAY WIF ME, if it appeals.)

I’ve started listening to the OneUps again, so that’s been added back into my regular rotation. I listen to them when I’m getting ready for work.

My favorite tracks are
Bossa De Link (The Legend of Zelda)
Toejam Jammin’ (Toejam and Earl)
Koopa Beach (Super Mario Kart)
Green Greens (Kirby’s Dream Land)
African Mines (DuckTales)
Music A (Tetris)
Time of the Falling Rain (Zelda: a Link to the Past)
Into the Thick of It (Secret of Mana)

NGL, not my standard cup of tea but this is great. :grinning:

Youtube served up Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds Ghosteen album to me shortly afterwards, definitely worth an intro if people don’t know it. Beautiful album, though admittedly I’ve always been a Nick Cave fan. Warning that it’s a bit of a slow burn.

This video was their stream of the release, so the link skips the intro text and goes straight to the album.

This is sorta coming out of nowhere. I was just clearing out my favourited videos on my youtube account and found this cover of the song for the animated film The Last Unicorn. So I added it to a music playlist heh.

1 Like

Always thought that was one of the better songs that NSP put together - you can tell it’s close to Danny’s heart. Reminds me that youtube has served this one up to me a few times lately:

And if anyone else likes minimalist electronic music, I’ve always thought of Burial as the soundtrack for a drive through central or southeast London late at night, and this is a spot-on performance I’ve been listening to a lot lately.

Keeping myself awake while reading work stuff on a muggy Sunday afternoon…

Surfacing from a week and a half of dealing with a cyber incident at work… I’m pretty sure the intros thread identified some metal fans? Was lucky enough to see Mizmor and Thou play this live; not generally a fan of Thou, I find the lead singer’s vocals don’t always seem to fit their songs somehow, but this album is a masterpiece.

Saw these guys over the weekend, they’re a load of fun. Thought I’d post one song that has some nice well structured but drifty instrumentals leading to chugging riffs and screaming.

And one song that’s just straight into chugging and screaming, for the impatient.

Apologies if my metal stuff is of no interest to people btw!

I think I was doing something else at the same time as watching the recent movie when I first saw it, so re-watching it today I realised I’d completely missed Chip’s listening habits. Don’t know Lamb of God well though, so for some reason I thought it was Walk With Me in Hell rather than Laid to Rest. Not totally my thing, it’s a big metalcore, but never mind, good to see Chip listening to something cathartic.

As soon as I clicked on “reply,” I got this challenge:

Revive this topic?

The last reply to this topic was 12 months ago. Your reply will bump the topic to the top of its list and notify anyone previously involved in the conversation.

Are you sure you want to continue this old conversation?

YES
YES I DO.

Anyway, right now I’m listening to GameChops Video Game Study Lounge.

It’s been helping me get through all of the online classes I’m taking to help me prepare for and hopefully land a job that I really want.

1 Like