That time Fluttershythekind drew Gadget chilling with a cigarette and the whole internet went nuts

That is a thing that happened, and it’s prolly the first time in a long while CDRR reached memetic status, with a whole bunch of people redrawing the pose. I wish I had the energy to find and compile all the different interpretations I saw, but I have a cold right now.

Good nuts or bad?

Is smoking something gadget would do? Probably not but I’ve seen people I wouldn’t expect to be a smoker either light up or vape. It’s not a hill I would die on.

I like it. It reminds me of the times I’m playing the game Satisfactory and contemplating my lack of ability to organise yet knowing I have to slog through somehow.

Good nuts, mostly people would just make their own redrawing of it and it became kind of a challenge. I don’t know why that image in particular caught on, I suspect people just liked drawing Gadget looking cute, but in a less polished, more grounded and messier way than she’s often portrayed. I mean, what engineer hasn’t made that face at least once?

This was reportedly a really bad time to be in the cartoon/furry fandom while quitting smoking, cus everyone would just post these un-content warned smoking pics and it got pretty torturous.

I wanted to do a cover of that theme with my girly squirrelly boi (or at least commission one), but things kept distracting me.

Ah, sorry about that; get well soon!

I’m intrigued and want to know what this character looks like.

Here’s Paprika Squirrel (cropped out the nude pose)

One of his past-times is street racing, so on occasion he’d be tinkering with the engine of his Mustang (the only stereotypically masculine thing about him besides his “boy bits”)… thus the reason he’d be in the Gadget-like pose. The difference would be a lollipop instead of a cigarette and he’d be wearing a white t-shirt with a skull and crossbones made up of a Hello Kitty face and pink crossed wrenches.

He’s super cute, love him!