So how about that movie trailer?

Yeah, though I can’t help but feel like the “Chip n Dale must reunite their friendship” side plot definitely sounds predictable. Like we know Chip n Dale have had fights and will eventually be pals again, they’ve basically copied this out of those Tom and Jerry movies.

If anything, this should be more like Chip n Dale trying to reunite the team but THEY have a grudge against the duo, since they pretty much were doing the amount of work, but Chip and Dale were still credited as the big stars, and (had they kept this more down to earth) were the only two to reappear in future projects. Gadget was a big fan favourite, but she never got the same recognition she deserved.

Not saying she should be the villain plotting revenge on the two (I mean sheesh, anything but that. Scrappy Doo made that mistake)

1 Like

I’ll give it a shot. I’ve certainly shown out for crummier movies.

I used to carry a torch for Secret of NIMH 2 even though I know it’s not a good movie. I don’t tend to shove that in peoples’ faces anymore though, because… really, who cares one way or the other?

Anyway. Yeah I’ll go watch this. It might suck but maybe it’ll suck in a way I enjoy.

Your initial reaction was pretty much mine. Like, just……WHY!!! Sigh Disney has pumped out some wonderful stuff lately like Owl House, Encanto, and Turning Red. And then we get this crap. Maybe we should’ve given it to Netflix. They did some amazing childhood reboots—oh, wait—their animation department just got cancelled. :sob:

I think we should all give it a chance. If it ends up being a terrible cringefest, then at least we’ll have some fresh memes :rrmovie_dale_excited:

1 Like

This is a very valid point. Fresh meme fodder would only do our forum a mountain of good. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I either want it to be good or bad in such a specific funny way that we could do a whole Rocky Horror Picture Show call and reponse routine around it.

2 Likes

I wanna add one other thing… I had similar feelings about the first Sonic movie when it came out, and when I came out of the theater I felt like a little kid again, falling in love with one of my favorite characters in a new way.

I can’t say with any certainty that this won’t be something like that! Sometimes life surprises you.

Loved the 2nd Sonic Movie too, but that’s another topic.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: A new trailer for the Rescue Rangers movie is out! CDRR Trailer #2

I loved the Sonic movie! I was skeptical going in because of how terrible a lot of “let’s take this character and make CG/live action movie” adaptations have been, but figured I might as well watch it while it was on a streaming service I was already paying for. I was glad I gave it a chance because it ended up being a fun movie and they made Sonic a character worth caring about. I’m really looking forward to watching the sequel.

I split the conversation about the NEW (as of Apr 27) trailer to its own topic:

https://bbs.chipndaleonline.com/t/a-new-trailer-for-the-rescue-rangers-movie-is-out-cdrr-trailer-2/82