Questions? Concerns? Post them here!

Reply to this topic if you have any questions about the forums, if something doesn’t seem to be working right, or if there’s a change you’d like to see happen and I’ll try my best to address it :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

Partly as a posting test and partly for the actual question, what’s the advanced tutorial? I haven’t that I’ve noticed been prompted for that yet.

edit: Well, posting appears to work for me, and if this shows up, then so does editing.

If you respond to discobot again and say “start advanced tutorial” it’ll launch into another big thing

1 Like

Ah, thanks.
And apparently posts must be at least twenty characters? I wonder if that’s a thing for everyone, or just new users.

It might just be new users. But I can change it.

Well, up to you; it’s your forum, after all. :slight_smile:

And I’ve now finished the advanced tutorial; thanks!
Hm. Was there some clue to its existence that I’d missed before, though? I’m not sure how I’d have found out about it without you telling me. Or is that how it’s supposed to work?

I changed the minimum characters from 20 to 10.

And no, the advanced training thing was not easy to find. I wouldn’t have even known about it if I wasn’t looking through the badge system and wondering what the “certified” and “licensed” badges were about. I had to go onto Discourse’s forums to find others asking the same questions.

I was going to say, just stops the “yep” replies :sweat_smile:

Ah, righto; thanks.

Hm. Curious. Well, thanks for doing that! I wonder how it’s supposed to work, though?

Will there be an Art category set up here?
Or media, etc? Just wanted to check before sharing any work.

Also, I know several people here are interested in my comic but may not be willing/able to subscribe using the two locations it’s posted given that you need a user account at both to get that functionality; if desirable, I can post updates here if there’s an appropriate spot set up to do so?

@TellyToon I’m posting from mobile right now, but I can absolutely do that once I’m freshly rested :sweat_smile:

@arcanethewoof If I set up a fan art category and create a tag for your comic, would that work? Then you could have a topic where you post info/links (or whatever you have in mind) when your comic is updated. If needed, we could have another topic for anything else about the comic that you might want separate from the main “feed.” They’d be tied together by the way tags work here.

@Ducky the tag would work; I’d post links to the comicfury mirror here where comments can be left if peeps want to give feedback, so a separate topic wouldn’t be necessary unless people want to discuss/theorize outside of a comments section~

P.S., This thing has a really convenient web app. It’s what I’m using right now. Just visit the site in your browser and save it to your home screen. It kind of reminds me of using Reddit on mobile

I’m enjoying the new over the old one so far. I’m especially happy I haven’t seen a thread overloaded with quote chains.

1 Like

One of my favorite parts of the old forum was the secret/not so secret invite only NSFW area, can we bring back something similar here?

I don’t think we can nest more than two quotes together before it gets messy, so that’s good.

@syaoran2001 It’s a possibility :shushing_face: